Eve is volunteer run and client led. Many of our volunteers were first clients who felt they would like to support the project and help other women.
We have volunteers who help with outreach, the satellite programs, transport and events. We also have a small team of volunteer service providers who offer beauty treatments, counselling and education.
Many of eve’s volunteers are trained in listening skills and are domestic abuse champions. Eve works closely with Reducing the Risk, IDVA services and the police to keep our volunteer training up to date.
The day to day business of eve is run by a volunteer management team. The management team meets regularly to discuss progress, important events and information.
Major decisions are taken to the board of trustees who meet quarterly to discuss the direction the charity is heading. Eve currently has 5 active trustees, all of whom help to manage the project.
A recent management, volunteer and trustee change has said goodbye to amazing women and brought through a breath of life into the running of the project, here are our current trustees
- Founding the charity back in 2009, with a help of a few friends and family, Anji has seen the charity expand at a rate of knots. Proving that her vision was not only a good idea but has shown to be a much needed service for hundreds of women. She held the position as Chair of the Board for 4 years and changed position to Treasurer, bringing her skills of financial management to the charity.
- Attending the project from the opening in 2009, initially as a client, within a few weeks she became a volunteer and shortly after was asked to join the Board of Trustees. Anjella has been a active member of the team assisting with all different aspects of the project, whilst accessing different services provided. Through her own personal experiences she has been able to bring a lot to the charity. She took over the mantel as Chair of the Board in 2013.
- Nadia has been a dedicated and hardworking member to the board. Managing the whole project with a team of area co-ordinators. Assisting with the running of the project from day one she has witnessed the highs, the lows and the increasing success of the charity. Previously she held the position of Treasurer of the Board, Nadia chose to stand down to focus her time on managing the project but remains on the board as a trustee.
- Amy has been part of Eve from the beginning, but last year she was one of the main leaders in setting up Believe, our youth side of eve. She recognised the need for young girls to have a safe environment to come to, she has since joined the Trustees Board. Encouraging girls to learn new skills, look after themselves and teaching them how to take on responsibilities.
- Secretary (Held jointly with Amanda Bartholomew-Eason) Joining the charity as a volunteer Sue completes funding applications and searches out avenues of where we can find funding to keep the vital service that is provided. She joined the board shortly after joining the project, showing enthusiasm and the passion to spread the word of the work and vision of eve.
- Secretary (Held jointly with Sue Bennett) After being told about the work that was happening at eve, Amanda came along to offer her services. Through her own personal life she has a lot to offer the project. Sharing the vision and seeing the need for the work that eve is providing she joined as a volunteer and shortly after became a Trustee, taking charge of the volunteers.